Welcome to our blog! My name is April and on October 19th 2012, I married my best friend Paul for time & all eternity.

It all started when we were both just 16 years old. Yeah, one of those crazy high school romances that actually made it! We went to school together. He baptized me, I sent him off on a mission, we wrote each other, I waited, he came home, we got engaged, and now we're happily married! And for the last 5 1/2 years we've only grown to love each other more and more with every day that passes.

So far, this journey has been so rewarding filled with fun, laughter, and yes even tears here and there. Every moment is worth it. We hope you guys will enjoy taking this journey through marriage and life with us.


Sunday, November 4, 2012

We're Married!


Yay! Paul & I have been married for 2 weeks now and so far it has been nothing short of amazing. It really is going by so fast! I still feel like that we just got married yesterday. Paul is the cutest husband ever (Well, at least I think so. I'm sure other women are more biased to their husband which is just fine) and I'm so lucky to have him in my life. Whenever I can get pictures back from the wedding day I'll be sure to post some on here for people to see.


Besides married life being the greatest. We sure do miss soaking in the warm sun during our Honeymoon! We ended up going on a 4 day Carnival cruise to Catalina Island and Ensenada Mexico.



It sure was a blast. The only down side is that I'm pretty sure we came home a good 6 pounds heavier! Ha ha Paul sure enjoyed the unlimited amounts of food. He also loved dragging me along with him to be his partner in crime. I swear we were at the buffet every hour of the day. I sure am regretting it now, Paul on the other hand flaunts his bigger belly with pride. :) 





Aside from all the yummy food and drinks they had onboard the ship one of the greatest things about being on a cruise was being able to visit a different island and different country that we wouldn't be able to see on a normal basis. On the 2nd day of our Cruise the first stop was Catalina Island and boy was it beautiful. For the island being a part of California, it looked more like a picture of Greece. Soo pretty!





 We decided to rent a golf cart for the day and drive around the island it was way fun. Paul kept doubting my golf cart driving skills, also he wouldn't look at the map and we ended up not knowing where we were going. So... in this video I'm kind of ticked at him and was being a brat. That little stinker! 

After our little feel of the island we waited in line to get back on the ship and shortly there after enjoyed some delicious steak and lobster at Captain's dinner.



As fun as that day and night were, we were even more excited to see Mexico the next day! Stay tuned.

-finally, Mrs. Mayer <3




1 comment:

  1. Yay you finally posted something! It looks like you two love birds had fun! I can't wait to hear all about it at lunch on Thursday! :) Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete